Friday, July 19, 2013

Ssshhh it's a secret!

I have started many diets in the past, only a few I've actually followed through. One main thing I've noticed is that I never make a big announcement about it. It's all very hush-hush. I don't really want people to know about it because I don't want them to have high expectations. I'd much rather just hide in a cave somewhere or put on my cloak of invisibility for a year, to then emerge perfectly svelte and gorgeous. "Tadaaaa! Bet you didn't see that one coming?"

I haven't even told Engineer Daddy about it. I'm the one who does the grocery shopping in our household anyway, so he won't notice that I'm buying more cottage cheese and ricecakes instead of potato chips and chocolate. The only thing he could possibly notice is that I'm eating smaller portions at dinner, but that's about it. What he has clearly noticed is my new habit of jogging a few times a week and he's very supportive of it. But to him that's more about fitness than weight loss. (For me it's about both.)

I wonder if other people do that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment