Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Trucking along

An update on weight is not possible at the moment. We haven't bought a scale yet. Just couldn't find the time this weekend. I don't really care, as I do feel like I'm doing a good job at the moment.

The weekend was full of temptation but I coped well. I went a bit over my points allowance but not too much. We had a BBQ on Saturday but the only bad things I had were a few meat balls and a glass of white wine. And then on Sunday it was dinner at my in laws; usually a big feast but because of the hot weather mother in law just prepared some salad and cold cuts. So to compensate I had some potato chips she put out as appetizer. Didn't feel the least bit guilty about it. I am constantly reminding myself that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. The weight can come off slowly, that is fine by me.

I am still doing well with the cookies at work, i.e. stearing clear completely. I hardly even notice them anymore.

In other news I bought myself some running shoes. Quite the investment, but at least now I have no more excuses! Gonna try them out as soon as possible. While I was at the store I saw some cute workout clothes on sale. I didn't think I was going to fit into the top, but the size L (large) fit quite nicely. One of the reasons for that is my post-breastfeeding boobs. Four years ago they would have never fit into a cute little workout top, but now in their deflated state they can. Hey. gotta see the glass as half full, amirite? I bought some nice pants that fit my post pregnancy ass too. All set, baby!

During my lunch hour today I went to Zumba class. I was wearing the cute top and feeling quite good. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought "Hey I don't look to bad!" Off course that could be the Body Dismorphia talking. Ha!

On that note I bid you farewell (for now).


No comments:

Post a Comment