Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Starting once again

ZwitsalBaby is better, thankfully. He has still got a little wheezing in his breath and coughs from time to time, but we're keeping an eye on that. Since his recovery I have been on vacation and having too much distraction to really focus on this weight loss thing. But here I am again. Back at work since a few weeks and ready to rock.

I'm doing great with the running. The shoes are awesome; they feel like I am running on clouds. Since coming back from vacation I have been out jogging 2-3 times a week for 30-40 minutes. While running, I pace myself and take regular walking breaks. At the moment I can do 5.3km in 40 minutes. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. One thing I have to watch out for is my ankle: I twisted it a few years ago while playing badminton and it still bothers me from time to time. Yesterday evening I went running and today during lunch break I did Zumba. At the moment it's feeling a little sore, so I better let it rest for a few days. The last thing I want right now is an injury.

The eating has not been perfect. I am not counting points at all; my excuse is I am too busy, but that's all it is, an excuse. During the week it's not too bad: I pack my lunch and my fruity snacks and I am not really tempted by the cookies or other stuff at work. But in the weekend it's booze and pastries and potato chips galore. And then shame. Two weekends ago we had a wedding and I totally let myself go. It was glorious, but too much. I have to start back up again with the points counting. It's on my to-do list, I swear.

I am also on a mission to get a new scale. I have no idea what my weight is at the moment. I think I am still at my starting weight, but I just want to make sure. I need some motivation and accountability. And then I can finally update my ticker (hopefully with a lower weight, fingers crossed).




No comments:

Post a Comment