Thursday, April 17, 2014

Utter Crap

I feel like crap today. Utter crap. It's like having a hangover or something, except I'm not nauseous (thank God). But other than that it really fits the description: Headache, sore muscles, fatigue. Getting out of bed this morning was the hardest thing EVER.

Not me by the way, just a picture from http://www.healthymejournal.com/


Why is this happening to me? I can think of a few reasons:
1. I haven't been taking in enough calories the past days and my body is protesting.
2. I didn't have any coffee yesterday and these are withdrawal symptoms.
3. I exercised quite vigorously for three days in a row and it's just too much.
4. A combination of the above.

How am I going to fix this?
1. I have brought more snacks with me this morning: An extra piece of fruit and some whole grain cookies that have a supergood taste. They are still low-calorie options, since I am determined NOT to solve this issue by diving face first in a piece of chocolate cake.
2. The ideal solution to this is to cut out the caffeine alltogether. But I can't do that right now. I've only started this calorie restriction so coffee is one of the few pleasures I still have. I'm just going to drink them in moderation (3 cups max each day). Maybe I'll quit coffee sometime in the future, when I've got this weight loss thing in my routine.
3. I still plan to go play badminton today, since it is an organized event and all, but I'm going to take it slow and listen to my body. When it says STOP, I'll stop. Then I am not going to do any exercise for a few days to rest my muscles. I think they need a break.

It's too bad though. I felt so high yesterday when I read 73.5kg on the scale and today I came crashing down. It fucking hurts. That's what you get from too much too soon. This morning the scale said 73.5 again. I was actually happy to NOT see a loss today. 1kg in two days is not healthy, so I'd like my body to just go steady for the next couple days and find its balance.

Right now it's 1PM and I just returned from lunch; I had leftovers from yesterday (cannelloni with spinach yumm-o). I'm feeling a bit better now. Crossing my fingers; I do NOT want to give up on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment